Explore & Discover Tours (E & D Tours).
Explore & Discover Kent design bespoke tours from 1 day to 5 days that take you into the heart of the historical, artistic and cultural highlights of the county’s coastline with local guide and professional fine art photographer Alex Hare.
You will explore and discover:
- the remains of 18th Century wooden shipping hulks on the River Thames
- coastal castles, Napoleonic forts and WWII gun towers out at sea
- short walks with breath taking views, including White Cliffs of Dover, marshland walks full of bird life, and tours of Medieval Canterbury and it’s iconic Cathedral.
- the Roman settlement at Reculver, also where the famous “Dambusters” ‘bouncing bomb’ was tested.
- the Georgian & Victorian old towns of Margate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate where Turner lived and painted and where Dickens wrote ‘Bleak House’.
- art galleries including the Turner Contemporary at Margate, The Horsebridge in Whitstable, independent galleries at Deal, Folkestone, Bexhill, Eastbourne and Hastings.
- new photography skills from your tour guide and pro photographer Alex Hare.
- ideal locations for creative photography with help from your guide on where to be and when for the best conditions.
All accommodation is in tourist board approved hotels and guest houses.
From the Thames Estuary to Thanet , Deal , the White Cliffs of Dover and around to Folkestone, Hythe and Dungeness, Kent’s coast is varied, full of history and an exciting region to explore and discover.
Alex is a fully insured tour operator and can include group transport of up to 8 guests.
Lieu et détails
15 Northwood Rd, Kenteanddtours@gmail.com